Updated: Aug 21, 2019
Google Cast for Education is now easier than ever to use. This extension allows any of your students to showcase (or cast) their computer screen to your teacher screen/smartboard to display work (with your permission of course!)
There are so many possibilities. It doesn't have to be work that is already "turned in" to Google Classroom. It's simply an easy way for a student screen to be seen by the whole class to share, collaborate, or add depth to the class discussion. Below is the step by step directions along with a video tutorial to get you started.
How to set it up...
1. Add the extension Google Cast For Education
2. Add your classes (by selecting the SHARE button)
3. Name your device (by selecting the SETTINGS button)
4. Then, students can "cast" by selecting the "three dots" and "CAST"
5. As the teacher you have control...either Allow or Deny the cast.
Watch the short 3 min tutorial: Google Cast for Education Tutorial
Let me know how it goes or if you have any further questions.
(go to techtipswithcamille.com for all posts)